Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Grapes of Wrath #1

The setting of the opening scene describes a depressing place. As dust lingers overhead, farmers have nothing to do but stare at their withering crops. Family life is more difficult because women fear the the lack of vegetation will, in turn, drive their husbands mad and force them to leave.
Families suffering in this time did not have many choices. As they were forced to leave, they argued that they had nowhere else to go. Since people needed money and had no homes, they had no choice other than to move from the farm to places with more vacant occupations.

2 comments:

  1. You make a good point talking about how the lack of vegetation will drive their hisbands mad. I never thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with what you are saying. it is obvious that the preacher has already gone mad. Am i right? Am I right?

    ReplyDelete